Peach for the Stars
Mented Cosmetics Peach for the Stars Blush ($22.00 for 0.20 oz.) is a medium orange with moderate, warm undertones and warmer, lighter gold pearl over a more matte finish. The product applied and blended out yielded more of a satin finish than something overtly shimmery so those who prefer barely-there shimmer, it might be a winner.
The texture was soft, smooth, and fairly blendable, though it didn’t sit as well on my slightly drier skin as most blushes do. It had mostly opaque, buildable pigmentation that stayed on well for seven and a half hours before fading.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Bounty (LE, $30.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Hourglass Lucid Glow (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sparkling Bellini (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Good Luck Charm (LE, $12.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sugared Peach (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Outta Sight (LE, $12.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Melon Pink (Top) (LE, $24.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- bareMinerals Kiss of Copper (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Angel Pride II (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Sephora Minnie’s Inner Glow (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
The formula is supposed to be “blendable, buildable” and “most importantly, pigmented.” The color coverage was nearly opaque to opaque, but the texture was more forgiving–not so soft that it was difficult to pick up less product, but it definitely wasn’t inherently buildable. If I used a less-dense brush, I had no trouble getting a sheerer level of coverage that I could build up or further blend out.
On my slightly drier skin (at least, at the time of testing), the formula wasn’t as blendable or as flattering to wear as it seemed to emphasize dryness. The formula was easiest to apply and blend out over a more luminous base that was lightly set with translucent powder, but it wasn’t ideal over a more matte foundation or over my bare skin. The blushes lasted seven to eight hours on my skin before showing fading.
Browse all of our Mented Cosmetics Blush swatches.
Talc, Mica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Water May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!