Whether you like it or not, fall is coming. Cue the craving for autumnal traditions. In addition to pumpkin spice and cranberry-colored cozy sweaters, we can’t wait to indulge in the season’s latest nail polish colors and trends. “Everyone makes a quick turn from bright tones to moody colors,” Jin Soon Choi, editorial nail artist and brand founder,” says.
This is no surprise, as nail trends typically lean toward darker manis and muted nail designs during the fall months. This year, however, the pros almost unanimously agree that a glittering finish will be in style alongside the deeper hues. “It is a great way to dazzle and make any look feel more luxe,” says Deborah Lippman, manicurist and brand founder.
Essie’s global educator and nail artist Rita Remark agrees. “We’ll be seeing a lot of exciting new nail polish textures enter the mainstream like iridescence, chrome, and pearl,” she adds.
It’s not exactly a hard-and-fast rule to change your polish with the season, but fall invites a shift we joyfully accept. New shade options include an earthy, forest green and updated takes on deep fall classics. Ahead, the best fall nail colors, according to pros. Prepare to see them lining the walls at your salon and taking over runways and red carpets.
Meet the experts:
- Jin Soon Choi, manicurist and founder of her namesake nail brand and salon based in New York City.
- Deborah Lippmann, celebrity manicurist and founder of her namesake nail brand.
- Rita Remark, Essie’s global educator and nail artist based in New York City.
- Sigourney Nunez, nail artist based in Los Angeles.
- Brittney Boyce, celebrity nail artist and founder of press-on nail brand, Nails of LA, based in Los Angeles.
All products featured on Allure are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.