FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Makeup Revolution Ready to Go (P, $6.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Unleashed (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Nooner (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Casino (LE, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Capri (Right) (P, $58.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Jawbone (LE, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moonlit Violet Sculpt (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Profile (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Cover FX Suntan Bronze (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Promise (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$25.50/0.21 oz. – $121.43 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a “hybrid powder-cream” that is “weightless” and “dries down to a natural satin finish.” The brand recommended using something like a stippling brush to pick up product adequately, and they note that the formula is “not designed to be used with fingers.” The coverage is described as “pigmented” but that they “still contain an element of translucency.”
The pigmentation was semi-opaque to opaque and easily blended out for a sheerer effect if desired; it definitely felt like I could get higher coverage if desired but it wasn’t a struggle to dial it down or apply it in layers instead. I think they lend themselves to an easy medium coverage initial layer overall.
The cream bronzers applied effortlessly using synthetic brushes, whether fluffy (like the brand’s Sky Fluff) or a bit stiffer, though not that dense, like a stippling brush. They do work with fingertips, but the brand didn’t recommend them for application and stated that over time it may impact texture, though not performance–just for those who may prefer fingertip applicator with cream products.
While the consistency felt lightly emollient, lightweight, and had some slip initially, once the product was applied to skin, it had a more powder-like application and feel. The cream bronzers had a soft matte finish that slightly “blurred” my skin (“velvet matte” might be a more apt descriptor) and never emphasized skin texture.
Most shades lasted nearly nine hours on me before fading a bit, while the lightest shades seemed to be closer to eight hours and the deeper, more rosy-toned shades were just over nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Phytosurgence Spectral Sunlight Cream Bronzer swatches.
Octyldodecanol, cyclopentasiloxane, stearic acid, isododecane and acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, cetyl alcohol, carnauba wax, hydrogenated olive oil and olive oil and olive oil unsaponifiables, synthetic wax, capric/caprylic triglycerides and stearalkonium hectorite and propylene carbonate, magnesium stearate, boron nitride, dimethyl siloxane elastomer and fumed silica, phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol. May Contain: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), blue 1 (CI 42090), iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.