Luv Ya Backtalk
Urban Decay Luv Ya Backtalk Vice Lip Bond Glossy Liquid Lipstick ($27.00 for 0.2 oz.) is a muted, medium rosy mauve with subtle, warm undertones and a soft, cream finish.
- Opaque coverage in one layer
- Lightweight, thinner initially, then slightly clingy but not uncomfortable
- Moderately tacky after set but did not lift up color
- Transfer-resistant, even after eating/drinking
- Extremely long-wearing (12-14 hours of very good wear, product remained as fading until removal at 16 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Mmmmmm (LE, $19.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Backtalk (DC, $18.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Slowburn (246) (P, $30.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever Poised Rosewood (166) (P, $23.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Local (P, $19.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Taurus (LE, $26.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Anna (P, $34.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Backtalk (P, $19.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Bite Beauty Sake (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- YSL Arlene’s Nude (121) (LE, $38.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
$25.00/0.2 oz. – $125.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “intense color and instant’shine” in a single layer, while still being “comfortable to wear” and moisturizing. The brand also claims that it will wear for 16 hours, be transfer-proof and resistant to both water and food. The brand says to shake the tube prior to application.
I’m happy to report that the formula actually lived up to its claims! It was incredibly long-wearing where 16-hour wear was absolutely within possibilities, though I’d say that two greasier meals did start to break it down more noticeably (so around 12-14 hours, depending on eating schedules). It was food and water resistant; I didn’t see any marks left on my glasses while drinking my morning lattes or water throughout the day. After a meal, it had almost no transfer and was very much intact on my lips except for the very inner area after an oil-heavy (pesto!) lunch.
They had rich color coverage that applied evenly, was fairly forgiving and not prone to settling noticeably into my lip lines. The liquid lipstick felt lighter and was thinner initially, but it set to a slightly clingy, more satin-like sheen after about 30 seconds. I noticed that it felt less clingy after about two hours and was very comfortable to wear. It didn’t seem to dry out my lips at all after wearing the product for multiple days in a row.
It seemed unscented and had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Urban Decay Vice Lip Bond Glossy Liquid Lipstick swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!