Hitch a Ride
ColourPop Hitch a Ride Ultra Matte Lip ($9.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a deep purple with warm, reddish undertones and a flat, matte finish that was almost chalky.
- Semi-opaque pigmentation in one layer
- Lightweight, thin (but not watery), spreadable
- Could have applied more evenly
- Long-wearing (5 hours), non-drying
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
These are the dupes the editor has pulled but not yet rated and officially entered.
- Urban Decay Double Crossed (P, $18.00).
- ColourPop Pack Pack (LE, $6.00).
- Urban Decay Spellbound (LE, $18.00).
- NARS Dirty Mind (P, $27.00).
- MAC Smoked Purple (P, $19.00).
- Urban Decay Blackmail (P, $18.00).
- Lancome Mademoiselle Isabella (508) (P, $32.00).
- NARS Train Bleu (P, $27.00).
- NARS Wild Night (P, $26.00).
- ColourPop Lil Rebel (LE, $9.00).
$9.00/0.11 oz. – $81.82 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “intense colour payoff” with a “super comfy” feel that “dries down for long-lasting wear” while feeling lightweight. It is “new and improved” for 2023. I think it is more comfortable than the prior formulation, but it has similar pitfalls; namely, the shades often appear a bit “cracked” once they dry down and I smile as the product doesn’t seem to really pull into and smooth out while drying down.
The consistency was lightweight, spreadable, and fluid without being too watery or too viscous. As the formula dried down, it remained more flexible than the previous formula and definitely felt lighter-weight, which made it more comfortable to wear. Most shades were semi-opaque to opaque in one layer. They dried down fairly quickly but were forgiving if I pressed my lips together before the formula was fully set.
Unsurprisingly, they were not as long-wearing as the prior formula, but they still lasted between five and eight hours, depending on the vividness and depth of the shade. They were transfer-resistant until they came into contact with more oily food, and they were non-drying overall.
Browse all of our ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!