It’s downright annoying how easy it is to damage your own hair. Thankfully, the best hair masks can help counteract concerns like brittleness, dry texture, you name it. Color-treating hair, heat-styling, and even the type of pillowcase you’re resting your head on can eventually lead to dry, dull strands, and prone to breakage. Take it from Allure editors who have dyed their hair every color of the rainbow — the longer you wait to treat hair damage like that, the harder it gets to repair and style without cutting it all off.
Thankfully, plenty of deep conditioning treatments out there with nourishing ingredients will prevent you from needing to bust out the scissors. Whether you’ve just got a few split ends from intense tangles and straightening your hair every few days or need a complete overhaul from years of bleach and color treatments, there’s a hair-care mask to help you treat the consequent damage — and give your hair the TLC it deserves.
These are Allure editors’ and some of our favorite hair experts’ favorite contenders for best hair mask. No matter your hair type, price point, and level of damage, we guarantee you’ll find an impressive pick that’ll leave your hair feeling smoother and silkier than ever. Below, you’ll find the best masks from brands like Olaplex, Kérastase, and K18 that are more than worthy of a spot in your hair-care routine.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Olaplex No.8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask, $30
- Best for Hair and Scalp: Guerlain Abeille Royale Double R Radiance & Repair Mask, $93
- Best for Color-Treated Hair: Gisou Honey-Infused Hair Mask, $57
- Best for Dry Hair: Kérastase Nutritive Masquintense, $63
- Drugstore Favorite: SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Masque, $15
- Expert-Endorsed: Amika The Kure Intense Bond Hair Repair Mask, $42
- Four-Minute Wonder: K18 Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask, $75
- The Frizz Solution: Naturelab. Tokyo Repair Treatment Masque, $19
- Lightweight Formula: Dae Monsoon Moisture Mask, $30
All products featured on Allure are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.